Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Driving Lesson + Revive Wellness

So today I went for my 3rd P3 driving lesson at Bukit Gombak in the morning. I realise my coordination between my legs for clutch & acceleration is seriously damn bad. Not only that, I have problems with steering the right way. As usual, my car stalled but this time round got improvement, only stalled twice throughout the whole session when I was practising steering at a open car park for buses wtf. But I did improve on my acceleration pressure hor.. I feel. Lol.

Before I left, I asked my driving instructor if my driving is really that poor. He replied "Slow lor!", I was anticipating that he would say something like "No lah! Don't worry you are still new, this is just your 3rd lesson.". Sibei demoralised. Wtf.



Made my way down to Revive Wellness @ The Central for my 1st Brazillian Wax session, I opted for the Princess Brazillian which is their most popular waxing service and it has this after spa treatment (mask) for your below lol. Saw it from my friend's blog, Mei Ting (Check out her blog here) and also heard some raves from friends of mine. 

For the past 11 weeks, I did not shave any of the hair below. I wanted the hair to grow so it'll be long enough to do Brazilian waxing. Tried growing it before but it seemed impossible because I couldn't stand the pokey feeling and I started shaving again wtf. So yep, I made full use of my lochia bleeding period to grow the hair so I could do waxing. Haha. Usually lochia bleeding ends around 4th-6th week after birth but mine? Took 10+weeks to stop bleeding. It was seriously a torture wearing pads for 10 bloody weeks. My god!

(BTW no pictures because the battery life of my phone was almost flat!)

So the therapist, Michelle brought me to put my bag in a locker and change my shoes into a pair of rubber slippers. Then we proceed to room (the place where I'm gonna be wax), changed into a kimono and went to a shower room to wash "below" before we to remove all the bushy hair down there. Personally felt it was more hygiene and also the awkwardness went from 10/10 to 1/10 because you feel and smell good. Haha.

After the shower, I proceeded to the room. I started to talk to her and asked if she feels paiseh doing Brazilian wax for others. Hahaha wtf. I also begin to ask questions about waxing to calm myself down because heard stories of people screaming and shouting when they do waxing. Lol.

Apparently they use hard wax for Brazilian because the wax is able to lift up the hair, soft wax are used for areas like feet and hands. If you notice, hair below is usually thicker than any parts of your body that is why it requires a "stronger" wax. So the wax was than applied below and it has this warm sensation, after applying she will wait for about 10-15 seconds before stripping them off. Pain level is around 3/10 for non-sensitive areas like the upper part? 5/10 for the "hamburger" area. Lol. This pain is definitely nothing compared to labour pain. As for the anus area? Totally no pain at all! I was still panicking that it's gonna be painful BUT surprisingly not. Michelle told me that area is the thickest, so you don't feel any pain at all pllus the hair around there are usually very fine lah.

After being hairless, she uses this cold hammer thingy and glide it around my after-waxed area. It is used to  close up the pores and prevent infections. that she uses to glide it around the after-waxed area. Aftermath, she applied a whitening mask to whiten/brighten up that area. Not bad ah, "below" still got whitening mask one. LOL 

They also had this promotion for Snowflake Underarm permanent hair removal which cost $12 - valid for first timers only. I tried it too and pain level was like 0.03/10 LOL. Serious! Only 2 areas per armpit has this pricky feel. Procedure was damn fast, only 5 minutes wtf. 

After everything, I was left in the room to change and proceed to take my bag and changed into my shoes. I was brought out to the reception area to have some tea. I was than attended by one of the sales executives, Linda who spoke to me and told me more about the packages for the Princess Brazilian and Snowflake underarms/brazilian. 

Actually during the removal of hair process, I have already check with Michelle on the packages, she was really nice to tell me what are the available packages for few sessions to 10 sessions. However for Linda's case, she was kinda pushy I feel. Instead of sharing with me the small packages available, she immediately jump into the big packages. Hmmmm..

In the end, I didn't sign up any packages from them because their 0% installment plans were only available for UOB & Maybank credit cards. Oh another thing, Linda was also not very considerate.. I have other banks credit cards, so she said "Actually you can sign now and call up your bank to take installment plans from them but you have to pay a certain fee or percentage of the transaction to them.". I felt as if she's just trying to hard sell me their packages, she could say something like.. you can check with your husband if he has any cards from UOB or Maybank in that way you could save some money.". 

I also bought this serum for whitening for the darker areas on the underarms and down there. Michelle (again) was really nice. She said "Later my colleague will show you 1 pc of mask & a bottle of 5ml serum. We currently have a promotion and it cost $20. If you are interested, you can purchase the 5ml serum first and apply it on the areas that are visible to your eyes for the time being. You can consider purchasing the bigger bottle of serum if you find it working for you.". 

But as for Linda, when I told I want to get this set. She was like "The big bottle or the small bottle?". See the difference? I mean seriously, are you in a hurry to close the deal quickly? Can't you be as thoughtful? Seriously if you can't be bothered to be thoughtful and be considerate to your customers, you don't expect people to sign packages or purchase something from you. Moreover, it wasn't you that faced the bushy area. Duh. 

Overall, I had a pleasant experience at Revive Wellness (with Michelle, the therapist). I will definitely go back there again and it will be nice if the sales executive changes her attitude towards clients. :) 

Packages below (If I didn't hear wrongly, most of their packages comes with free serum & mask):-
Princess Brazilian - $700 for 10 sessions / $1199.50 for 20 sessions
Snowflake Underarms - $188 (not sure, please check with them) for 5 sessions / $318 for 10 sessions 
Snowflake Brazilian - $616 for 8 sessions / $1232 for 16 sessions 

3 comments:

  1. i was attended by this sales executive by the name of LInda@Revive Wellness as well. She was really pushy and when I told her to give me some time to consider, she straight away tell me this: Why?U are budget constraint right? I don't think this is the right approach to make customers sign packages.But in the end,I did sign on the package,because of the staff,Cloe,the therapist attending to me:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlene! Thank god you didn't sign the package. I signed, but I was quoted $186 for 3 x princess Brazilian. Means only $62 per session.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s just your third driving lesson, I’m sure that in the coming lessons, you’ll soon find the coordination and be able to park with no trouble. Just be patient and keep on practicing!

    ReplyDelete